“So, do you live around here, often?” Joining a new community with creative uses of your law degree. After more than 30 years practicing mostly in a familiar group of courts, here are some suggestions on how to approach moving to a jurisdiction in which I’d only driven through in the past. And why it can be not only rewarding, but satisfying and even fun.
- So, where, exactly, is the courthouse?
- Getting to know folks in the local Bar and those affiliated with the courts in your community
- Filling a significant need for appreciative judges
- Learning about local businesses
- MCLE, and it’s free
- Parallels to racing cars
- Small Claims and Juvenile Traffic Court—Tales from the Bench